Membrane switches are simply a part of electronic equipment and are often regarded as user interfaces or human-machine interfaces, making it easier for operators to input communications and commands to operate electronic equipment, making users more convenient. Membrane switch can also be called membrane panel. As a membrane keypad supplier, we also provide a membrane keypad or membrane keyboard, which is an electrical switch making the circuit turn on or off by changing the key pressure. Generally composed of Polyester, Lexan, Polycarbonate, adhesive, snap dome, connector, conductive inks, carbon ink, or copper flex circuit.
What can Niceone-tech could do?
Niceone-tech customized membrane switches for different customers are widely used in various industries, empower exceptional product design for other man-machine interface solutions.
Membrane switch constantly updates and upgrades its technology, and its durability is gradually improved. Because of its superior performance and affordable price. As a reliable human-machine interface, it is increasingly favored by home, office and industrial applications.
Niceone-tech strictly customizes products in accordance with ISO9001-2015, and invests a lot of money every year to develop the technology of the membrane switch to improve the added value of products such as performance, life and function. Our membrane switches are exported in large quantities to European and American countries with stable quality and affordable prices. Niceone-tech understands the standards of European and American countries, so the products are always able to meet and exceed customer expectations.
What are the functions and advantages of membrane switches?
The reason why the membrane switch is widely used is because of some very superior performances. It can fulfill various requirements of users, from industrial equipment to medical equipment.
Moisture-proof performance: Because the membrane switch uses a good pressure-sensitive adhesive layer and the stable performance of Polyester, Lexan, Polycarbonate one of the materials together. Membrane switch can be designed to meet NEMA 4 and IP 67, some products can even reach IP68.
Thin: First, it is not easy to be invaded by dust, and secondly, it reduces the space of the product.
Easy to clean: Membrane switches are easier to clean the surface than other mechanical keyboards.
Cost-effective: Compared with touch keyboard and silicone rubber keyboard, membrane switch cost will be more affordable.
Graphic interface: The topmost panel of the membrane switch can be the most conventional screen printing or digital printing. Niceone-tech can design the product to achieve the best visual effect. At the same time display the company logo and key functions on the panel
Protection by design- through the design of membrane switches can achieve antibacterial, anti-ultraviolet and other effects.
Niceone-tech can customize products that are perfect and best suited to customer requirements according to customer needs. In order to let you know how the best and most suitable membrane switch is produced, we must talk about its structure:
1. Overlay-Polyester is usually the first choice for membrane switch panel materials, because its life will be a little longer than Polycarbonate. If it is simply a panel instead of a membrane switch, Lexan and Polyester are also good choices. Overlay is the most intuitive form of human-machine interface. Niceone-tech will screen print or digital print on the back of the material, and they can also be used in combination. Special requirements such as mirror silver effect are also feasible.
2. Overlay adhesive-As the first layer of adhesive paper under the panel, Acrylic adhesive is usually used, generally the thickness is between 0.125-0.225mm. If it is LGF membrane switch (to LGF membrane switch) structure, the thickness sometimes reaches 0.64mm.
3. Top Circuit Layer (Dome retainer): This layer usually has three functions: 1. As the Dome Retainer, it ensures that the Snap dome of the circuit layer will not form shrapnel movement due to triggering and closing, resulting in circuit failure and circuit wear. 2. Use 0.1-0.125mm Polyester printing conductive ink, carbon oil and UV ink as the upper line. This layer structure can also be convex to make tactile feedback better. 3. Can be used as ESD shielding layer.
4. Circuit Spacer (switch spacer): Both upper and lower lines are printed with conductive ink, usually thicker tape is used to separate the upper and lower lines to avoid direct conduction of the membrane switch. If the upper circuit is only used as a fixed layer, then the general thickness of Overlay adhesive + Top Circuit Layer + Lower Circuit Layer should be greater than 0.4mm, otherwise the panel will squeeze the shrapnel to make the feel worse. Unless the panel is convex, the four-layer structure is less than 0.4mm.
5. Lower Circuit Layer: The thickness of this layer circuit is usually 0.1-0.188mm. It can be printed with ink, carbon oil and UV ink. LEDs can also be installed. Some membrane switch panels will choose copper flex or Printing circuit Board as the circuit. Compared with Polyester, their performance will be more stable. More often applied to the medical and military industries. If it is copper flex or Printing circuit Board as a line, Niceone-tech can even install a variety of components on the line.
6. Rear Adhesive: There are many choices, but the most commonly used are 3M200MP series or 3M300LSE. According to the different products of membrane switch lamination, Niceone-tech will recommend 3M300LSE if it needs higher viscosity.
7. Rigid Support Layer: This layer structure is generally used as the last layer of the membrane switch, which can make the structure of the membrane switch component more complete. Usually the choice of materials are AL, FR4, PC or steel. If AL is selected, nuts or feet may sometimes be added to the back of the product.
Basic Withstand voltage
≤50Ω, ≤150Ω, ≤350Ω
>0.5-1.0 million times
Button Feed BackTime
What special features can Niceone-tech membrane switches provide?
Backlighting Membrane Switch with Side-LEDs
Many working environments and machines will be used in low light or dark conditions. At this time, the customer asked us if we could solve this problem. At this time we will recommend the use of membrane switches with internal lighting. Choose EL film as the light guide plate, Fiber Optics, and the newer Light guide film (LGF) structure. Niceone-tech recommends LGF, which uses side LEDs and light guide panels to make the product have lower loss and longer life relative to EL membrane switch. Also available in different colors.
The thickness of the LGF membrane switch provided by Niceone-tech can even be 0.8mm. The brightness of buttons and logos is not only uniform and long-lasting, but more importantly, we can also make them illuminate each button individually. Sometimes you can also use two-color or RGB three-color lights to enter
One step makes the product more beautiful.
*If the customer wants the product to be more novel and beautiful, then we can sometimes use Epoxy in combination with the keys. Makes it an Epoxy LGF membrane switch
If you are interested in Backlit Membrane Switch, please feel free to contact Niceone-tech, we will send samples as soon as possible.
There are three other types of illuminating membrane switches below.
Fiber optic membrane switches are also a good choice for backlighting. The optical fiber material is very thin and can be used as a fixed layer of the membrane switch. At the same time, tactile feedback is better without adding a touch point. Life expectancy is up to 50,000 to 100,000 hours. The main light source is from LEDs
Through the optical fiber transmission in the membrane switch needs to light up. And can be larger than the surface-mounted LED backlight area. Click Fiber Optics membrane switch for more information.
EL backlight is driven by high frequency and low power. EL is very thin, it is a substitute for traditional lighting technology, and is widely used in various electronic accessories. The life of EL backlight products mainly depends on the driving voltage, frequency, temperature and humidity. But most EL membrane switches can reach a life of 4000 hours or more. The brightness of the EL membrane backlit switch will attenuate linearly from the initial power-on. This is also an unavoidable disadvantage relative to other backlight membrane switch panels.
The EL backlit membrane switch provided by Niceone-tech will not cause heat, electricity and EMI problems. Mainly EL is more often a "cold" lighting medium.
A common Light Emitting Diodes membrane switch (LED membrane switch) with relatively low cost. Since this technology membrane switch cannot meet the lighting of a large area, it is mostly used for indication purposes. It is a relatively old technology. But the service life is long and deep customers love it.
*Graphic overlays digitally and/or screen printed on the backside. The effect can be customized according to your requirements including glass, metal, wood, and stone. If the panel is in a more severe environment, we can even use hardened glass and stainless steel as the panel material. It is very important to choose Overlay printing according to requirements.
*The window needs raw materials to be transparent, frosted, transparent or colored. The window of the membrane switch is different, and the choice of materials is also very different. When the window is large, and it is required to clearly see the bottom LCD or touch screen. EBG series is a good choice, the material is scratch resistant. If it is just a panel, then PC or Lexan overlay is also feasible
*Selective textures and UV hard-coat surface finishes
*Tactile or non tactile, snap dome or non snap dome.
*Pillow rim-embossed membrane switch panels
*Optically clear adhesive(OCA)，Liquid Optically Clear Adhesive，Air Gap
*Rigid support backers such as aluminum and FR4 with PEM mounting fasteners
*Standard connectors such as CJT, Nicomatic and molex, etc.
Niceone-tech's custom-designed membrane switches and membrane switch keypads. Membrane switches are used in many industries. Niceone-tech summarizes several best membrane switch industries:
1. Medical Equipment and laboratories are the major markets. Niceone-tech provides customized membrane switches with complex requirements for many European and American manufacturers. In the medical environment, based on the standard membrane keypad, the materials sometimes have antibacterial effects and easy cleaning characteristics. At the same time Niceone-tech applies backlit and glue technology to the membrane switch. It can even be produced using digital printing.
2. Industrial Controls Because industrial equipment is more demanding moisture resistance and UV resistance, so the product's waterproof requirements and UV resistance performance requirements are relatively high. The choice of materials can refer to the membrane switch design guide, I believe that the materials compiled by Niceone-tech can help you.
3. Health & Fitness Equipment Because it is often corroded by sweat, salt and moisture, the material must be resistant to corrosion. Membrane switches are often used in treadmills. Using membrane switches to optimize performance and control is very important for fitness personnel.
What industry are you in?
Contact Niceone-tech today, or visit our Product Gallery for high-performance inventory and customized membrane switches for your unique applications. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Niceone-tech customized membrane switches are sold all over the world for different industries such as medical, industrial control, military, etc. Every contact with the membrane switch products will be convinced by its stability, touch, and beautiful appearance. For example, the membrane switch used outdoors for a long time, the product must have the ability to resist ultraviolet rays. In extreme environments, then the choice of materials also needs to choose a better 3M or Nitto adhesive, and the panel material Niceone-tech recommends Autotype. Making the appropriate design and materials according to the actual situation is one of the necessary conditions for a switch type membrane to satisfy customers.
Niceone-tech is a professional custom membrane switch manufacturer in China and believes in the professionalism of our team to customize a variety of membrane switches that satisfy customers. Over the past few years, Niceone-tech has gradually combined backlighting technology with the combination of silicone buttons and membrane switches to produce products one after another that are unexpected in the market. Our membrane switches have got many positive reviews. We have enough stock for membrane switch assembly and able to offer various types of membrane switch including push button membrane switch, thin film switch, single membrane switch, microwave membrane switch, etc. If you want to know more about membrane switch such as how it is designed, what software is used, and how to repair it, please contact us!
More than 1,000,000 actuations
Non-tactile: 70g - 285g, Tactile: +100g to 600g